Additional Helpful Links
Support Provided to Students
- Install and configure Wireless card.
- Configure computer to access campus network and campus printers.
- Assist with issues using Truman’s campus portal email system.
Student is responsible for
- A properly functioning computer with a supported operating system installed (Windows Vista, Win 7, Win 8, or Mac OS X or later). All security updates should also already be installed.
- An Ethernet card, and the software drivers that go with it.
- A 15′-25′ CAT-5 patch cable with RJ45 connectors.
Hints for success
- Are you looking at buying a new computer? Will your current computer work on the network? Find out more by checking out our “Bringing a Computer to Truman” page.
- Be sure that you have installed all security updates for your computer. Windows users may visit Microsoft’s Windows Update Site for more assistance.
- Be sure that you are running regularly updated anti-virus software with at least a 1-year subscription for updates. Or, once you receive your Truman computer account you may download antivirus software from the ITS web site.
- Consider installing anti-spyware software to help protect you while online. Examples of free versions of this type of software include the following:
- Before logging into TruView or accessing any on-line systems, you will need to change your Truman network password online if you have not yet done so.