- Bringing a Computer to Truman
- Virtual Desktop – Connecting your personal system to a lab image
- Parent Web Access
- Move-In Day Computer Assistance
- Truman’s Computer Policies
- Local Computer Repair
- Check to see if wireless devices are supported on Truman’s Secure Wireless network (e.g. Chromecast, Roku, TiVo, etc.)
- Student Print System (Pcounter) Setup Instructions
NOTE: Black and white printers can print duplex, while color printers cannot. If additional services are needed, contact Printing Services. To view your print balance, click here. Pcounter instructions can be found below.
- Wireless Network Setup Instructions
- Wired Network Setup Instructions
- Network Drive Setup
- Gmail and Google Apps For Education How-To’s
Additional Helpful Links
- Self-service Password Reset
- Check Your Printer Account Balance
- Network Drives Information
- Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Computer Discounts
- Laptop vs. Desktop
Support Provided to Students
- Help connecting to campus resources, such as Internet, printers, and Truman web accounts.
- Assist with issues using Truman’s campus portal email system.
- Call the IT Service Center at (660) 785-4544 or visit us in Pickler Memorial Library 109.
Tips for success
- Are you looking at buying a new computer? Will your current computer work on the network? Find out more by checking out our Bringing a Computer to Truman page.
- Be sure that you have installed all security updates for your computer. Windows users may visit Microsoft’s Windows Update Site for more assistance.
- Be sure that you are running regularly updated anti-virus software.
- Consider installing anti-malware software to help protect you while online. Examples of free versions of this type of software include the following:
- The free versions of the programs listed above are manual, anti-malware scans that you will activate as frequently as you’d like.
- Other anti-virus programs (like Norton and McAfee) are typically real-time anti-virus scanners that are always active. It is recommended to have only one real-time anti-virus scanner active at a time.