Classroom and Other Infrastructure Updates for Summer 2023
With implementations underway on our new Learning Management System as well as the migration to Microsoft 365, there are fewer improvements to our classrooms and other infrastructure planned for the summer in order to better manage our overall resources. That said, there are other upgrades and improvements planned:
- Through system upgrades and delivered enhancements, we will begin to take advantage of additional features available in our Banner Enterprise Resource Management System as well as the TruView portal.
- Telephone system upgrades will be done on a building by building basis over an extended period of time, minimizing the impact of any down-time to one building at a time.
- Security updates will extend throughout the summer. Work is currently underway adding enhancements to our campus firewalls, and personal workstation upgrades will happen as needed over the summer.
- An upgrade to our campus bandwidth is also planned. The result of this upgrade will more than double the capacity of our MOREnet internet link.
- Several classrooms will benefit from improvements over the summer. Major renovations will occur in MG1090 and OP1224 to better support the new majors that utilize these spaces; and MG2078, BH102, BH257, OP2210, VH1000 and OP2230 will receive needed upgrades or repairs.
- There will be much activity in the Greenwood Interprofessional Autism Center to prepare for the planned fall opening. Several new classrooms, videoconference rooms, and clinic spaces are being outfitted with technology to support teaching, clinic observations, and general patient management and oversight.