Changes to Google storage
Up until this time, former students had unlimited storage for Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos. With the upcoming storage limit changes, we will be removing Drive, Doc, and Photo access for former students but former students will continue to maintain their Truman Gmail access.
- In the spring an email was sent to the affected individuals informing them that they needed to move their files off to another location by May 31st, 2022 should they want to keep them.
- On June 1, 2022, access to Google Drives, Docs, and Photos applications was removed for all former students.
- The final file deletion will take place at the end of June, 2022.
If you have any questions about this notice, please contact the IT Help Desk at (660) 785-4544, or you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Classroom Technologies! (8/18/2021) - New Classroom Control Systems - In 97 classrooms we replaced older classroom control systems (Chumbies) with the new Pixie system. This compact set of buttons, typically located on the teaching console, works much like your TV remote at home. Power on/off (for the projector) on the top row; Volume up/down on the bottom row… Continue Reading
- Ally Course Content Tool Enables Student Success (8/18/2021) - During the spring semester we announced a new Blackboard tool that helps make course content more accessible and enables better student engagement with course materials. Utilizing the experiences of a pilot group and early adopters over the summer, we’re now ready to roll this tool out to all faculty this Fall. The ITS Learning Technologies… Continue Reading
- 5 Ghz Only Wireless in the Residence Halls (8/18/2021) - Earlier this year we announced the plan to upgrade the bandwidth to each residence hall room. This work was started in the spring semester and finished up over the summer. Over 1700 new wireless access points were installed across the residence halls on campus, resulting in higher bandwidth speeds for our students. Continue Reading
- New Portal and Community Platform (8/18/2021) - Truman faculty, staff and students have utilized the TruView portal for many years now, but it’s time for an upgraded experience that offers the convenience of email, the engagement of social media, the power of group activities, online access to student, faculty, and employee services, and much more. You can access this site from a… Continue Reading
- Getting Help and Reporting Issues – The IT Service Center is Your First Point of Contact (8/18/2021) - Here’s how to contact the IT Service Center with any technology issue: The IT Service Center is located on the 2nd floor of the Library in room 203. The Service Center is normally your first call if you are having technical difficulties or would like to request other technology services. You can walk-in, call-in (x4544),… Continue Reading