Connecting to the Secure Wireless Network with an Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet
Follow these steps to connect to the TrumanSecureWireless with a Kindle Fire tablet from Amazon.
Please note that when first starting the Kindle Fire, you will be presented with a list of Wi-Fi networks to choose from, however, TrumanSecureWireless will not be listed. Please skip this step for the time being and then use the following directions to connect to the TrumanSecureWireless network.
NOTE: Currently only the Kindle Fire tablet supports secure wireless connections. Other Kindle models can not connect to University wireless networks.
- On the home screen, press the Gears icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Press Wi-Fi.
- Make sure Wireless Networking is turned on.
- From the list of wireless networks, press TrumanSecureWireless.
- You are presented with a number of options. Select the following:
- For EAP method, select PEAP.
- For Phase 2 authentication, select MSCHAPV2.
- For CA certificate, select (unspecified).
- For User certificate, select (unspecified).
- For Identity, enter your Truman username.
- For Anonymous Identity, leave this box empty.
- For Password, enter your password.
- Press Connect.