Connecting To Exchange With An iPhone – Post Migration
These instructions are for faculty and staff members that want to connect their iPhone to sync mail, calendars and contacts with the university exchange server.
- If you have not yet setup your device for wireless on campus you may wish to follow those instructions first and then return here.
- To use the iPhone or the iPod Touch with the exchange server you will need version 2.0 or higher of the Apple firmware.
- This is a free upgrade for iPhone users but requires a fee to Apple for iPod Touch users. If you have a new device from Apple, you might already have the new firmware. You can check by looking at Settings => General => About. For more information see Apple’s Software Update page.
- If you already have a Truman email account setup on your iPhone, you will need to delete the account. If you do not have a Truman email account on your iPhone, then skip to the next step.
- To begin, open “Settings” on your device. Scroll down and select “Mail, Contacts, and Calendars.” Select “Add Account” and pick “Microsoft Exchange” from the list.
- Enter your email address, and your Truman network password.
- Enter a description for this account such as“Truman Email.” Select “Next” in the top right corner of the screen.
- After a few seconds the iPhone will prompt for your Exchange server name. Enter“email.truman.edu” and click “Next”.
- Finally your iPhone will prompt you on what information you want to sync with the Exchange server. Pick your desired items then hit“Save”
- You should now be connected to the Exchange server and your information will sync to and from the device.