Infrastructure & Security Advisory Committee
Truman State University
The Infrastructure & Security Advisory Committee is the group responsible for providing advice on Truman’s technology infrastructure and middleware (those computer services and processes used by multiple systems and applications, providing a foundation for enterprise-wide IT capabilities), including implementation of the appropriate security controls.
2. SPECIFIC CHARGES
The Infrastructure & Security Advisory Committee has these specific charges:
Provide input into the IT research services needed by faculty
Provide input on the classroom technology needed by faculty
Provide input on communications infrastructure needs
Provide input on general security middleware needs (including, but not limited to, authentication, authorization, role management)
Implement the appropriate security controls as to support the needs and/or processes identified by the Information & Applications Steering Committee.
3. AUTHORIZING EXECUTIVE BODY
The Infrastructure & Security Advisory Committee reports to the President.
4. ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION OF MEMBERSHIP
The Chair of the Information and Application Steering Team, in consultation with appropriate others, appoints all members.
- Voting Members – Representation typically includes the following positions or a delegate from that area.
- (2) Representatives from the faculty/research technology focus
- (2) Representatives from the faculty/classroom technology focus
- (1) Representative from ITS Desktop Support Team
- Voting Ex-Officio Members –
- (1) ITS Web Integration Manager
- (1) ITS Network Manager
- (1) ITS Technical Director
- (1) ITS Director of Learning Technology
- The group is chaired by the ITS Technical Director, who is responsible for reporting team progress to the Chief Information Officer. The Chief Information Officer reports on progress to the President’s Staff and/or President.
- Non-Voting Special Liaison Members – as needed, depending on projects and activities
Term of Membership
All appointed members shall serve a two-year term. The terms will begin with the academic year. Members can be appointed for an unlimited number of consecutive terms. Ex-officio members serve as ongoing committee members.
Filling Vacancies in Unexpired Terms
Vacancies in appointed terms which arise because of resignation from the Infrastructure & Security Advisory Committee, retirement, separation from the University, or change in job classification, rank, or assignment shall be filled by appointment of the area where the vacancy has occurred.
The group may establish ongoing or finite working groups and/or task forces as needed.
5. OPERATING PROCEDURES AND GUIDELINES
To the extent possible, the following guidelines are to be observed:
- The Infrastructure & Security Advisory Committee shall meet bi-monthly twelve months of the year.
- Minutes will be kept at each meeting and will be on file in Information Technology Services.
6. COMMITTEE DURATION
This is a standing committee reporting to the President.