Network Printer Connection: Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) – 10.12 (macOS Sierra)
If you are using Mac OS X 10.7 – 10.12, use the following instructions to connect to the network printers. (Click here if you are using Mac OS X pre-10.7)
- Open System Preferences
- Click on Print & Scan.
- Click the (+) on the bottom left to add a printer.
- A new window will appear. Right click the toolbar at the top of the . Select Customize Toolbar…
- Drag the “Advanced” icon into the toolbar to the right of the Windows icon. Click Done. Now click Advanced.
- From the Type drop-down menu, select Windows printer via spoolss.
- Using the following format (smb://Server/ShareName) in the URL field, enter the Server and Share Name of the wanted network printer. (Go to the Student Printers Table or the Faculty/Staff Printers Table).
- Fill in the Name and Location fields with what you would like.
- Under the Print Using drop-down menu, click on Select Printer Software… The software to select is dependent upon the printer that you are connecting to. Refer to the printers tables above to get the model of the printer. Be sure to select the same software as the model of the printer. *(If the software for the printer is not in the list, click Cancel, and follow the instructions at the end of the page.)
After the correct software is selected, click Okay and then Add and then Okay.
- You should have the printer correctly installed now. When it asks you for your username and password, enter your Truman username and password.
* Use these instructions if the printer was not in the list of software.
- Visit https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888
- Download the software using the blue Download button.
- Once the download is complete, locate the downloaded file (usually in your Downloads folder).
- Open the file (HewlettPackardPrinterDrivers.dmg).
- A window should open containing a file called HewlettPackardPrinterDrivers.pkg with an open box icon.
- Double click this file, and follow the instructions on-screen to install the software. (You can delete the downloaded file after the installation is complete.)
- Follow the original instructions above again (this time the software will be in the list) to add the printer.
If you are still having difficulties connecting after following these instructions, contact the IT Service Center at (660) 785-4544 or visit the Service Center at Pickler Memorial Library, room 109.
Note: Printing to the student printers is restricted to students. Students who print to the student printers will be charged for printing. You can add more money to your PAS account at the cashiers’ window in McClain Hall or online.